U.S. Open--what they said

The defending champ is looking like she did last year--stubborn.
Pam Shriver

Well, I never thought that I was going to lose, but you certainly don't want to get ahead of yourself and think, Oh, I have just broken back again; I'm going to win.
Sam Stosur

Again, she made me play my best tennis.
Victoria Azarenka

I’ll warm her up today, but not tomorrow.
Sara Errani, referring to Roberta Vinci

You don’t want to know what I kept telling myself. I would have to beep that, I think.
Victoria Azarenka

Take a breath....
Pam Shriver

...I knew we were playing a good match. It was exciting and there was, you know, momentum here, momentum there. We were hitting winners and running all over the court. So I knew that was going on.  Again, you can feel that, but you don't sit down at change of ends and say, "Oh, gee, this is fun" or anything. They are the matches you like to play.  They're the most enjoyable, but not necessarily at the moment you've got that going through your head.
Sam Stosur

I hope you enjoyed it because I surely did.
Victoria Azarenka